Vacancies and Working with Us
Rosebank Health is a dynamic, forward thinking, and supportive GP training practice providing a wide range of services to our patient population. Working at the practice allows you to become part of a team providing excellent clinical care. The practice has an ethos of embracing change and rising to new challenges and opportunities. There is a full complement of support staff.
If you work for us you can expect:
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive induction programme.
- Flexible working.
- Pension Scheme – all new employees will be enrolled into the NHS Pension Scheme. An alternative pension scheme is available for those who are not eligible. Employees can opt out of the schemes at any point.
- Occupational sick pay entitlement increases with length of service.
- Occupational health – We are linked to a local provider of wellbeing services who help us support employees when the need arises
- Childcare voucher scheme – Lets you save tax and national insurance contributions on the cost of childcare.
- Family friendly policies – We do our best (within business parameters) to help employees who have young families and dependants.
- GGPET – All employed GPs become members of GGPET (Gloucestershire GP Educational Trust). GGPET is a non-profit making, educational charity which offers high quality, easily accessible education to Gloucestershire GPs, it is run by GPs for GPs. Members are entitled to attend as many GGPET courses as they wish.
- Protective Learning Time – Both specific to staff groups and multi-disciplinary education and learning time.
- Audit – Audit is encouraged to identify areas of potential improvement and monitoring change.
- Appraisal – In-house “two-way” appraisals are carried out in addition to support for clinicians with revalidation.
- Training – Support is given for relevant training opportunities.
- Regular clinical meetings to share experiences with colleagues.
- Opportunities for clinical staff to pursue specialist interests.
- Links to international charities.
Work Experience and Apprenticeships
We value work experience and consider it an important part of the transition from school to work and university. Students are encouraged to explore general practice as a potential career.
Placements are limited however; interested students are invited to send their CVs to the Practice. A selection process will take place if there are more students than placements available. We further promote work experience by way of offering some students holiday work placements to enable key skills to be gained and confidence built before applying for permanent employment.
The Practice has been participating in apprenticeship schemes since 2013, and we currently have 3 apprentices working at differing levels. We are very proud of our apprentices achievements many have been finalists or won apprenticeship awards.
We believe we are able to provide the flexibility, opportunities and work life balance that today’s GPs are seeking including:
- Flexible working patterns and child care friendly hours available.
- Mentorship for the newly qualified and phased induction.
- Mixed team of supportive male, female, mature and newly qualified GPs.
- Large nursing team with a wide skill mix, from Emergency Care Practitioners to HCAs.
- Specialised team providing further GP support including pharmacists, prescribing assistants and much more.
- Support for career development, aspirations and portfolio interests.
- Resilience against the changing population and demands of modern general practice.
- Regular clinical meetings, learning and teaching.
- Expanding complementary services.